COVID-19 Community Support
COVID-19 continues to impact our lives and communities, and there are vulnerable groups that are at greater risk if food programs are not able to continue. As an agriculture company committed to food security, at the forefront of Nutrien's support, we have allocated US$1 million to help fund local food solutions – and that’s just one of the many ways we’re standing behind our communities during this pandemic.Learn More
Nutrien strives to meaningfully contribute to the communities globally and locally where we operate. We collaborate with community partners who share our values and approach.?Please see the Nutrien Community Relations Position for more information on Nutrien’s Community Relations strategy and approach.
Driven by our sustainability strategy, and inspired by our commitment to the Sustainable Development Goals, Nutrien supports community initiatives that are aligned with our three Focus Areas: Sustainable Agriculture, Environmental Footprint and Diversity and Inclusive Growth.?
In the context of community investment, we further define these Focus Areas as:
Sustainable Agriculture and Food Solutions?
- Building awareness of agriculture’s contributions to the economy and society;
- Sustainable food production, research or education;?
- Fostering innovation in agriculture;?
- Relating to food security or the root causes of hunger and poverty;
Additionally, Nutrien believes that for agriculture to be truly sustainable, it must be safe for growers and their families. As such, this focus area includes initiatives that support rural health and safety.?
- Facilitating actions that promote ecosystem health;
- Helping protect the quality of the air, water and soil;
- Supporting community adaptation and resilience as it relates to the environment;
- Providing education, training or a deeper understanding of environmental topics.
Diversity and Inclusion
Nutrien aims to be an agent of positive social change and decrease inequalities across our company, value chain and communities.?
- Building more inclusive communities;
- Developing careers and opportunities for women in non-traditional roles;
- Addressing the gaps historically under-represented populations in the local area face;
- Supporting meaningful engagement for military veterans;
- Addressing the gaps Indigenous people face, including supporting reconciliation efforts.
Our presence in the communities where we have operations, offices or retail branches is also supported by employee volunteerism, stakeholder engagement, emergency relief efforts and our award-winning sustainable agriculture education programs.
Nutrien builds genuine connection and sustainable results with our communities on the foundations of: ?Engagement, Volunteerism, Education, Collaboration, and Positive Impact
- Nutrien engages with our communities by participating in community events, as members of Community Advisory Panels, Chambers of Commerce and other civic or charitable organizations.
- Volunteerism is one of the key ways employees actively contribute to the causes that are important to them. Nutrien has several programs designed to encourage, facilitate and reward volunteering.
- Nutrien is committed to building a broader public understanding of agriculture, farm/rural safety, global sustainability, environmental stewardship, food security, and soil health. Nutrien’s award-winning education programs are an important way in which we contribute to our communities. These programs raise awareness about critical topics for a growing world, as well as the some of the key global initiatives to address them- such as the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Nutrien values authentic and collaborative community engagement. Building partnerships, sharing knowledge, and listening to diverse perspectives are some of the ways we have helped our community partners achieve sustained and impactful results in their projects and programs.?
- First and foremost, the purpose of Nutrien’s community relations and investment activities is to have a positive impact in the areas where we live and work.?
2019 Community Performance
- $17 M USD Invested in communities
- >2,300 community partnerships